Was I in the wrong?

Basically me and this guy at my university had gotten really close over a few months, we would text each other every day and he would say the loveliest things, even going so far as to say he loved me. We never had sex as he knew I was a virgin and he didn't want me to feel pressurized. Well everything was going really well and I fell completely head over heels for him but then we went away on Christmas break from uni. Things changed and we got distant, we used to have lots of little fights. He's the type of guy who has tons of girl friends who he flirts with, not the nicest thing for me to see on face book. The biggest fight we had was on new years eve where he said that I was free to get with other people and when I did he flipped out. I know what I did was wrong but he didn't seem to care and I was in a really fragile place right then having just been to the funeral of my granddad. We made up after these fights and when we got back to uni the first day back he asked me back to his place as he usually did. Ii spent the night there and things seemed OK. The only difference is instead of texting me that day like he always did he stopped. I know it sounds silly, one day right? But I was still a bit miffed so I text him asking if he was mad at me, but still no reply. We ended up having more fights and at the end of one he said lets just give it a break. I, still being completely in love with him didn't take this well and kept trying to get him back. We stopped being OK with each other for over three months, going through phases where we would talk, but he would only give one word answers and he'd never be the one to initiate a conversation. But its been so long now that things are too weird but I still love him as much as ever even though he's been saying some pretty mean things recently and is refusing to see and talk to me and give me some closure. I just want some advice on what to do, all my friends and family think I should just forget him but I really cant. I was so in love with him I just feel sick to the stomach of him being with another girl. Should I try speaking to him again, or will that make things worse? Please help

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It's over. It's done. He sounded like a player (all his gfs - if you weren't having sex with him chances are someone was) who liked having control over you (mad that YOU would be with another guy).

Time to move on and find someone that will focus all of their attention on you.

What Guys Said 1

• It will only make it worse. Don't talk to him again. He has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with you. There isn't anything you can say that will make him feel any differently about you, and continuing to talk to him will only make you feel worse at the end. He'll either say something to make you feel bad, or you'll just feel stupid for trying. Just leave it alone and move on. It's the best for you.

What Girls Said 1

• sometimes stuff just doesn't work out even when you really like the person. its sounds like you guys fought a lot, would you really want to be a long term relationship with some one with a lot of fighting?