Is it ok to tell an ex you miss them so you can move on?

Anonymous
I just want to say "I miss you and hope things are ok with you. No hard feelings. I just wanted to tell you. It's not because I expect anything & I'm trying to move on. I just care about you & wanted to let you know so I can get it off my chest. I genuinely hope you've been good x"

We went out for 9 months, and it ended because I wasn't happy in the end and he needed to sort his life out & couldn't cope with things. Money problems, lack of motivation. He didn't want to see me hurt, so we never officially broke up face to face. He even cried once when he thought I was crying.

He's self destructive. not paying phone bill. Not saving any money. He's 32 & I know it's important for him to get things together, but at the same time I don't want to think about him like that.

Should I tell him this?

I feel I can't fully move on yet & think about him & the fact he has no family around or many good close friends. He said i was the closest person to him, but in other ways he was closed off & wouldn't face his issues. We haven't spoken since the but & he's never online. He says i hurts every time he thinks about it & I mean the world to him.
2
2