Why would an ex contact you 5 months after breaking up?

We had an amazing relationship (great sex, same interests, no fights, good family/friend relationships), but he broke up with me to get back together with his ex. They have known each other a long time, both admit they were not happy together, they were on and off for years. She changed her mind once we were together and decided she wanted him back. He told her to stop contacting him and showed me every time she made contact. He called her the dementor and said she sucked the life out of him. About 8.5 months in something changed, and he started acting funny. Said he didn't know what to do and was having mixed feelings. Said he loved me and I was everything he hoped to find, but he had time and family with her. Also said that everything that went wrong in their relationship was his fault. I agree that problems are rarely one-sided, but know enough mutual friends to say with certainty that this is not true. Doesn't matter, that is where he chose to be. So... I moved on. Haven't seen or talked to him for 5 months, but we do have some mutual friends. Then 5 months later he pokes me on FB. Wtf is that about? What does that mean? Why can't you speak? In real life would that be like slapping me on the ass and saying 'good game'? Just don't get it...

21

Most Helpful Girl

• That's his way of contacting you and it's the lazy way. He's contacting you again (after FIVE MONTHS of no contact) for sex. If you respond to his poke, then he thinks he's "in" again and can come back. Why would you LET him come back? Think about it...he was sure enough about not being with his ex that he was "happy" with you. Then the ex came back to him and all of a sudden he wasn't so "sure" about her anymore. He's had time to figure it out now you say? Sounds to me like you're the fallback girl. Don't LET yourself be. He can't MAKE you the fallback girl unless you LET him. Ignore him...completely until you feel like you can be real friends with him (not friends with benefits or hopes of getting back together).

What Guys Said 1

• ask him. He'll likely give you a legitimate answer.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe that's his way of contacting you again. He may miss you and wants you to contact him... But then again, as you've said earlier with his messages from an xgf... He may do the same to you... You choice weather you respond or not... Depends on how you would perceive it yourself...