Should I fight for her or let her go and let her come back?

My girlfriend of 4 months broke up with me a week ago. This happened with zero warning or indication it was coming. On Friday she was crazy about me, very lovey-dovey, and on Saturday she said she was struggling. Wouldn't talk about it with me and just blocked me on Facebook and stopped responding to texts. I haven't heard from her since. Here's the thing, she's very afraid to love and be loved. She's had a rough life as far as love is concerned and once told me she'd run like hell when she started to feel love. I know she has feelings for me, I just know it. I've gotten two opposite pieces of advice on the subject. Fight for her or let her go and see if she comes back. Which method works best?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give her time. I don't agree with her just deleting you out of her life without an explanation. I think that move is very cowardly and not fair to you... if she truly has strong feelings, she will be back. If she doesn't come back, then you dodged a bullet. I'm sure she'll be back though if everything you said is true.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say neither one.
    my ex also do the same things.
    break up with me and ignore everything, calls messages...
    Blocked my messages in fb, but not my profile.
    My best suggestion to you is : live your life, show her that you can do it without her, and if she loves you she will come back.

What Girls Said 4

• No contact, time and space. That will have her back. However, have a civil conversation about her behavior, and where you see this relationship going, also set some ground rules.

• How sure are you that this is the reason she acts like that? isn't it a bit too naive?

• I'm about 80-90% sure. If you're suggesting she's seeing other guys I don't think that's the case. She's a single mom and she's very about her business and before she did this she was almost always with me, or on the phone with me. It was a very close relationship and she very much has her heart on her sleeve, like I do.

• She is complicated. We don't choose who we love though. Well, we do, but. I'm different too. I hate people. Like 99% of the population is undateable as far as I'm concerned. If I have to put in some work to get someone I really really like, I'm willing to risk getting hurt.

• Well if thats how you feel then go for it :) For me is a bit too much drama but if this relationship makes you happy then you should pursue it

• First, give her a little bit of time and space. If she doesn't say anything, go after her.

• How much space/ how long would you suggest? A month?

• Honestly, I'm really impatient, so I wouldn't even wait that long. But yes, a month is enough time.

• well i am going through the same thing right now but add distance... and i am now taking the let him come back to me and if he does.. he does if not it wasn't meant to be. its hard because he is my first love but do whats best for you

What Guys Said 1

• If she's running from her feelings, let her know you understand and hope she'll come back, because you love her. If she's done with you, just move on.