Is there any point in trying anymore if one person in the relationship isn't happy and wants out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The short answer - no. You cannot make someone "like" you or want to be/stay with you.

Learned that very strongly when my ex decided she didn't want to stay married to me after 14+ years. I very quickly realized I can't make someone stay married. So if she wanted to leave, there was nothing I could do.

At this point the only thing you can do is try to understand their reason (s) for leaving and do your best to get through the heartache they leave behind. I wish you the best. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. You need both people to be willing and consistent in making the effort, otherwise it's just one person trying to force the other. Why stay with someone who doesn't give a damn?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Well I guess it might be broken down to one person trying more than the other, but there is effort there it just doesn't seem it. I was told everyone goes at their own pace and you have to be understanding of that.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It takes two to tango. I don't see how a relationship is a relationship when there is only one person making all the effort

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes