Should I try to get him back ?

So my boyfriend and I broke up a few days ago, when he told me that there's some other girl. It would have been the end of the story for me , if he hadn't said that if we had spent more time together sleepover etc , he wouldn't b leaving me and that he loves me and if things were different , we would still b together. He also said that our relationship was too hard and complicated for him and that the environment we're in doesn't help to it. I am having mayor breakdowns, can't eat can't sleep etc, but I need to know, Should I try to get him back ?

11

What Guys Said 1

• In order to get him back, you would have to change yourself and the relationship a bunch to suit his needs. The problem with that is when you change yourself for a person, 99% of the time you start to change back. Everyone changes, but changing for a person is not a good permanent way to go about it.

Basically, you should be with someone who can deal with who you are, without wanting you to change for them.

Note, there IS a difference in changing BECAUSE of someone, and changing FOR someone.

Seems to me like you should simply work on getting over the breakup and move on, which is hard enough in itself.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that you should be strong and get over this break-up. It sounds like he has too many problems of his own and if he can't deal with it then he shouldn't be in a relationship. You deserve someone that can putt up with things that every couple go through. If he really wanted to stay with you he wouldn't of just got up and left, he would have tried to work things out. I know that its going to be hard but the hurt will pass eventually.