Why on Earth do I want her back?

She broke up with me, technically. Treated me like garbage after the break up and during the 'break.' She was cold and heartless when the only reason things really ended was because of distance. And that was months ago after only dating for a couple of months.

So why do I want her back? Why do I feel lost without her? I have asked out other girls since then but have only been ambivalent towards them and did it just for the public (friend's and family's sake, to show that I'm moved on) but every night the ex is the last person I think of and every morning she's the first person I think of. And I'm dreaming of her constantly and remembering the dreams. I never remember my dreams.

Is something wrong with me?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Hehe we never really know why we like a person. Maybe all her good qualities outweigh the bad qualities to you and you can't help still liking her. But if its over and there's nothing you can do you just have to remind yourself that you deserve better than her. I totally know what you mean because I've absolutely been there...but sometimes we just have to get over it really slowly even tho it sux a lot.Sometimes at night I think about this guy even tho I know its definitely over but I used to let myself hug my pillow and pretend it was him (I know its so pathetic) but now if I want to hug my pillow I just sleep without one because I know its bad for me to still think of him and I have to let myself move on and be happy. I hope this helped.

What Girls Said 1

• No, I'm in the exact same position but genders reversed. What I think it is is that you are having trouble letting go of the good memories of her, you still want to believe that she is how she was when you were in a relationship. You just need to be strong and remember that she hurt you and therefore isn't worthy of you. You deserve someone much better who won't upset you and believe me there are tons of people in this world that want the same things you want. Just take my adivice, don't beg for her back. I did and my break up has got extremley messy and if I could change anything about it it would be to not show him that I was hurting because that inlfated his ego. You just need to remember that you are in the worst of it now, time will heal your wounds and when you are over her someone better will come along and you will look back at her and laugh.

What Guys Said 1

• Hey dude, I feel you man - I'm in the same boat right now...Listen, nothing is wrong with you, its ok to feel that way. However, just like myself, you need to be strong. You can not control the future or what lies ahead of you. The only thing you can control is the present day. Be thankful for the things you have in your life, not the things you wish you still had. If its meant to be, it will happen. Make her miss you, don't contact her and keep your distance. If she comes back, your relationship will be 20 times stronger. If she doesn't come back, then it was not gonna last anyway. Trust me, I am right there with you. Concentrate on you, keep yourself busy and just know that everything happens for a reason. The song that's out right now says it all dude, You have to live each day like were dying. Don't spend another minute upset dwelling on what's going on. Instead, spend your time appreciating what you have...Hang in there and feel free to keep in touch if you need to talk.

• Thanks, I know that's the thing to do, stay active, appreciate the things that I do have and work on myself. I'm trying that but lately it's been hard because I just moved out on my own and I have so much time to myself now. It's crazy how much I've been thinking about this lately. But thanks for reiterating that to me.