girlfriend and I broke up about 2 weeks ago, we both fooled around while we were apart, but now are wanting to get back together. Do you think this can work?

stlArtGuy
Had a rocky relationship while living together, she was very irresponsible and I ended up supporting us both while living together, her life basically revolved around only me. I couldn't take it anymore and asked her to move out after a few weeks of back and forth. She wasn't exactly cool with it, but understood and it was a mutual thing basically. I'm not totally in the clear I had problems too.

2 weeks later, I still miss her like crazy, I have always loved her, I think she just needed a kick in the ass to get her shit together. She moved in with her dad, and he is going to give her an old car (she didn't have one, which was a huge issue for us) and she is already enrolled in accounting classes for the summer (another issue, her hating her jobs but not doing anything to improve her situation).

But here is the problem, while we were broken up I slept with a girl that was always flirting with me. On our first date we went and had some drinks... a lot of drinks actually, and I'm sorry to say that we ended up sleeping together, which wasn't my intention. I was trying to move on from my girlfriend and see if I could have feeling for someone else, it was a HUGE mistake. I wasn't sure if I should tell my ex, but she could tell something was bothering me and I eventually told her. She was a bit upset at first, but she also admitted that on the same night she went on a double date with her friend and did pretty much everything but have sex with this guy she went out with.

I don't care at all, I actually wish she would have had sex cause it would make me feel less guilty. I have never loved anyone as much as I love this girl, and despite our problems and some stupid decisions on both our parts, we both still want to be with each other. She also admitted that she loves me too much to let this come between us.
+1 y
I think we just moved way to fast initially and never really had a "dating" period. Our hope is that she will work on her shit, me on mine... And in the next year or so maybe she can move back in with me to the new place. My hope is that this ordeal has made us both realize we are meant for each other and I hope it will make us stronger in the long run. Do you think this could all work out? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What happened?
1
0