What to do when an ex contacts you?

OK, so basically I was kinda dating this guy for bout 8 month then in January he ended because he didn't have time for me, or feel as if he wasn't a "good" guy and that I "Deserve better" that type of stuff. So I said ok fine. Since then I have never contact him nor has he contacted me.

However, in march 16 he call me but I was on vacation and yesterday I realized it was him and I call him back. IT was kinda awkward, but good to hear from him! I kept the convo short and told him I had to go but he didn't want to get of the phone, but I had to go. right after the text saying that- I like talking to you, it was good to hear from you and he wanted to know I'm ok, and that if I ever need to talk, I can call him anytime. we eventually text a little bit than he call me and we stayed on the phone for 3 hours just talking and reminiscing a little bit and just basically laughing bout everything. I didn't even really talk bout the pasts or the bring up the breakup or get angry with him I was really happy to hear from him. he said he was scared to call me cause he was afraid I wasn't going to answer but I did. he remember the last time we talk was in January and that it been 2 months since, eventually we had to hang up cause our battery was going to die.

What should I do? Is there a reason that he was calling, or was it just to boost his ego? or did he really miss me?

What to do when an ex contacts you?
1
1