Is it time to give up on him?

Anonymous
I don't usually chase somebody after a relationship has ended, I usually move on and don't look back. But this relationship felt different from anything else so I have really tried. We were extremely close for two years, being each other's rocks, talking 24/7 endlessly enjoying each other's company, we got along amazingly. He loved me for those two years and eventually we started dating for 9 months and it was going well.

We both had scars from previous relationships, I had been in an abusive relationship and I was scared to show too much care and love because I was always shouted at for being 'clingy' so I hid a lot of emotions in this relationship at the start. I didn't want to scare him off. All of his exes had cheated on him or ditched him after years, he was scared I would do the same. I felt him pulling away from me, we began to argue. I was trying so hard by this point to show my care for him but he just was adamant I didn't love him and would leave him so he wanted to push me away so it hurt less.

we ended it two weeks ago. I tried to fight it & he told me not to contact him & he will contact me when he's ready and unfollowed all of my social media. He then posted a poem about me being his weakness, a few days later started liking my posts even though he wasn't following & finally two days ago messaging me saying he misses me & our conversations, wants me in his life & he feels horrible. He asked to be friends and I responded a day later (after thinking about it) saying yes. He responded today politely & then blocked me again. I text & he told me I never paid an interest in him, I never loved him, I only tried after he mentioned it, blaming it on me. I kept offering solutions and saying anything can be fixed. He's forgotten all of the times he ignored me or said something rude or how he went from my best friend to treating me bad. I told him the option is there to talk to me & fix it and to consider it, then ended the conversation. Is it time to give up?
Is it time to give up on him?
0
4