Is it cheating if it's your ex that you've been with before?

Anonymous
My ex of 3 years and I have been talking on and off for since we broke up 3 years ago. We broke up because I moved across the country. It was a last minute, completely unwanted breakup, and therefore we never really got over each other. The last time I saw him was actually when we were still dating, so we broke up after I had already moved. He got a girlfriend 5 months later. They've been dating now for a little over two years. (Keep in mind that this was 9th-12th grade.. And we just graduated this spring). Him and his "new girlfriend" went to the same high school that whole time. Anyway, fast forward to right now. Him & I have continued talking, without this girl knowing. He says that he is no longer happy with her, and right now they are on a break. He has told me multiple time within the last couple days that he "doesn't know what he wants". I have other guys that I could be with, but for some reason I still would rather be with him. I'm not in favor of splitting up his relationship he's in now, but by his choices, him and this girl are starting to drift apart. I forgot to mention too that although I still live far away, I am able to visit every/every other weekend and seeing him wouldn't be a problem. And I plan to move back at some point. And I have only seen him ONCE in 3 years.. At a party last week. It was awkward, but he wouldn't stop looking at me and was being super nice. I feel bad because right after seeing him at this party, he told me he was no longer happy with his girlfriend and asked her to go on a break. I didn't want to break them up.. Advice please?
2
2