Is it time for a break up?

How do you know when it is time?
Me and my girlfriend have been dating for almost 2 years. It's complicated now.

We never fight just argue a little.
We are with each other most of the time and it seems like nothings wrong. We don't get jealous or anything related to that at all.

Both of us are graduating college and I want to focus on my future. I am moving to the other end of California, and I prefer not to do long distance.

One thing that gets me is that my parents don't approve of her and family means a lot to me.

I broke up with her recently but are staying together till we graduate. It was mutual and is just really sad to me. I don't know if I can see her in my future but I am at that point where I can't really waste time on something uncertain and all these things are going through my head. I don't know what to do. I don't know if we should stay broken up or not.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have Said a Mouthful here, dear, and if it Doesn't Feel Right... it probably isn't.
    No, do not Stay with Someone who You have uncertainties with. Allow her the Privilege to Find someone else who she can now Connect with and Accepts her Unconditionally.
    However, the Next girl, remember You are marrying her and Not your Parents, who no Longer would be putting Bread on your Table.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I could go back in time to tell myself what I knkw now, I would have saved myself a lot of heartache.
    No one can make up your mind for you mate. It's something you have to do on your own. You'll learn a precious lesson from it that will last you for the rest of your life. It'll be a hard decision and it will suck either way, but that's why it's so important. It's situations like these that shape you as a person.

And to be honest, instances like the one you're in are way too complicated and delicate to be asking strangers on an internet forum for help. I did the exact same thing about two years ago, on this exact website, and the circumstances were almost identical to yours. And plenty of people gave me advice but in the end I realised that it was my decision to make.
    No one can help you through this. You have to do it on your own. That way, you know you made the best choice for you, even I'd it hurts.

1|1
    0|0
    • What happened to you if you don't mind?

• I intentionally left that part out. Whatever decision you make, just make the one that will make your life and your future better. Outside influences and opinions will only make your decision harder. If I told you what I'd done in my situation, you'd find some link and probably lean in the direction I took. This is all on you, you don't need me to point you in the right direction, because only you knkw which one that is.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It's inevitable that couples will argue. What matters is that they both have ability to resolve their issues or find a way of compromising.

Challenges that they face should be used used as an opportunity to prove their love is stronger than the problems they face.

I think you know a relationship is finally over when there's nothing left worth fighting for , or only one of you is making an effot to make the relationship survive

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not experienced but from what I've seen, if breaking up seems to be a reasonable answer then you probably should. That's just me though, hopefully everything ends up happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like it time for a break up. If you aren't going to do long distance, nothing else really matters.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Well, if you feel like breaking up, do it. Don't be with her if you see no future.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes