Boyfriend is not letting me end the relationship?

Boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, lived together for 1. I decided that I need to end the relationship for a few reasons including:

- He's shown a regular lack of consideration for my feelings (unknowingly - he just doesn't think about the consequences of his actions).
- He's very immature. We once had a small argument and he gave me the cold shoulder for two days.
- We have no common interests. We have a few TV shows we watch together but that's about it.
- I don't feel a strong connection with him, and I don't feel respect towards him. Those things are really important and it's concerning that I still feel this way after 2 years.

Our relationship isn't awful, but it's not what I want. Anyway, I've tried to end things twice in the last month. The first time, he got very emotional and I ended up staying out of guilt (bad move I know - I'm just a very sensitive and empathetic person and I hate causing him pain). The second time - last night - he pretty much said that my reasons for wanting to leave weren't good enough, and he doesn't see any harm in going to therapy and trying to fix it. Maybe he's right, but I just don't want that right now. I want space, I want time to myself, and I truly believe I'm making the right decision.

What do I do? Do I just pack up and leave one day? I'm not sure I'll ever get him to understand.

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you live with him? He's basically manipulating you into staying with him and that shows a bigger character and red flag, because he knows how you are so he will use those things against you.

• Yeah that's what it seems like :( And yes we live together.