He broke up with me yesterday, but he told me this morning that he misses me "like crazy already". What the hell?

Anonymous
He never really told me about his past... until yesterday! Out of the blue, he opened up (or made up all this bs) and told me he had serious emotional baggage. To make it short, he was in a long distance-relationship with a girl for 7 years (I know, crazy, right?) who played him and he's not fully over her (or, in my opinion, over the suffering she caused him). BUT! He loves me "like crazy". He said the very words "I love you" and "you're such a blessing". He's going to the other side of the country next semester while I am staying in school. His "reason" to break up with me is that he doesn't want to risk getting hurt again like with this past girl. He had asked me many times if I would stay with him "forever", to which I replied "yes". Obviously, when he told me he was leaving me, I was devastated and crazy mad.
This morning, I woke up to a text from him saying "Good morning! blabla... I miss you like crazy already". He said that word for word (not the blabla part). I snapped and told him that he should make his freaking mind. I told him he should either stay with me and tell me he loves me all he wants, or he leaves me alone and doesn't tell me anything. I am so upset and I feel betrayed. All I want is to be with him, but not without a label. How the hell am I supposed to handle that?
0
1