How to get over a guy? Does Dating someone else work?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally could not. First, it is not right for the new guy because you aren't really that into him and you know that he is just a rebound. Also, I think it would be harder. It would all be fake and unemotional and it would just remind me that the new guy is not my ex and how bad I really want my ex back. Always a good idea to get over someone first. I know it sucks and is hard but the only thing that will work is time, not another guy.

What Guys Said 4

• 2|0
    • The asker hasn't said it was a break up instead of an unrequited love.

• @JohnDoe3000 The unfair thing to do is to use the next guy to get over the previous break up/unrequited love, because she will only be a rebound for the next guy and he may leave their relationship being hurt.

• I meant that the guide you linked to wouldn't necessarily apply in the case of an unrequited love. by the way, people have rebounds because they actually work (with a rebound it takes you a month to get where you'd be after a year of "being active and having fun with your friends", when it comes to forgetting about someone), but yeah, don't go promising them your eternal undying love when it's just a rebound, probably better to have a friends with benefits.

• agreeed with olderandwiser.. but this might help.. remove all traces of them from your life and start going with friends to do exciting things to build a lot of new HAPPY memories without him in them.. seems to work for all my ex korean girlfriends and ex wife lol

• No it doesn't

• A girl on this site did that to me. She ended up ruining my life. I thought my life was bad before, but somehow she made it worse.

What Girls Said 5

• That would be called having a rebound.

I don' think that's a good idea because it'd be pretty unfair on the guy, I mean: How would you feel if someone dated you, not because they were actually all that interested but just because they were using you to get over someone else? I can't imagine that feeling good.

Another thing is that you probably wouldn't be happy dating someone you're not that into either.

When I broke up with my ex, I watched a ton of shows with guys I found attractive in so that I could concentrate on other guys, without hurting anyone. I mean even if I did get my feelings mixed up, it wouldn't have affected them because these were just guys I was watching on tele and daydreaming about, I didn't actually know them.

Ended up getting a crush on someone in my real life naturally in the end anyway.

• i wouldn't advise anyone to date someone just to get over someone else. those intentions are very fake.

• You shouldn't use someone to get over someone else, that's just wrong.

• the past is the past
    im sure he's hooking up with other women

• Probably not, unless the person you date is better.