I don't know if I'm in love anymore?

I've been with my boyfriend for two years now. Even after I could tell our "honeymoon" period was over, I still loved him. I genuinely believed we were perfect for each other, and everyone else did too. But lately I just haven't been feeling anything. He's going off to college and I'm still in high school, and one day I asked if he thought we would last.
He replied by saying that he would always love me, but if we did break up it would be because we were going separate ways, and since that moment I haven't been able to see him or our relationship the same. I don't know if it's because I believe differently, that if you really love someone you make it work no matter what, or if he's changed- which sometimes it feels like he has- but something just dampened the spark for me. Where I used to be able to see a future I can't anymore, but I still can't bear the thought of leaving him, because I keep thinking I'll be upset with myself in the future for leaving something that used to work so well. I don't want things to stay like they are, but I don't want to leave...
Emotionally, it's taking quite a toll on me and I just don't know what to do. I don't know if I should wait for things to go back to how they were or if I should just give up and risk this happening in another relationship.
What do you think? Has anyone here been in a similar situation?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• What dampened your spark was the thought of college and the stories about it. Now he is headed there and you aren't yet, so add loneliness too. I think your emotions are shutting down now, kinda like bracing for impact.

1|0
    0|0
    • This makes a lot of sense, actually.

• its only one of the few reasons, most common too.

• There isn't any "no matter what". We grow and change. Every relationship ends, either with a break-up or a death. It's sad but we move on and eventually we meet someone else. So yes, I think you should be open to seeing other guys. This doesn't mean giving up. It means opening yourself to new possibilities.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes