Can someone try and interpret what my ex said to me while we were breaking up?

Anonymous
We broke up after 3.5 years being engaged. He said he thought we were incompatible. He wants to be alone and doesn't want to see me. He said he doesn't know what he wants anymore and is not sure what will happen with him and says it's not fair to make me wait. He also said he is not trying to get a girlfriend right now and that he just wants to be alone. We've been broken up for a month. Since then he has not tried to contact me. I've called him twice we have talked for 30 mins each time but rejects every chance I suggest to hang out. I texted him later after that conversation the next day and asked him if he thought there was 0 percent chance of getting back together and he said " I think there is zero percent chance." I don't understand what he is going through? I am getting a really good feeling that he is done for good. I'm not sure if it gets clearer than that... From a guys perspective what does this all mean? I've been really depressed about everything... We used to live together. I'm sad and I just feel likely life has backtracked into a crappy state again. I'm 28 and I feel like I've had so many life changes this month it it is way too hard to handle... Why do guys do this? And what's the meaning of all of his alone time and isn't sure what will happen with him?
2
1