What does she do this? What do I do about it?

I tried to have a conversation with my ex about us. She flirts with me sometimes when she's drunk, but she says she's glad we're friends. She kissed me once, but then flipped out about it the next day.

So I tried to see if she wanted to talk. She was kinda staring off to the side so I tried to turn her face to me and ask her why she can't even look at me. We talked for a bit, and then she asked me what I wanted so I said I'd leave it to her. I kissed her goodnight, and she texted me later saying a part of her still liked me but that she was trying not to let that affect our friendship.

I guess I botched up my opportunity to tell her how I felt. I wanted things to be on her terms because I was the one who broke up with her and I know I've hurt her but I don't want to ask for her back unless it's on her terms.

My friend said the ball's in my court and that she probably texted me that because she was afraid. I guess the way I approached the conversation was a really bad idea. What can I do about it? Is it a lost cause?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• your friend is right the ball is in your court because you are the one who decided to break up with her. You kind of ruined things when she asked you what you wanted and said that you'd leave it to her. you could have told her what you really wanted. That was a bit lame because you dumped her and then you tell her that if she wants the relationship back she should ask you for it. well it's never too late. Be honest with your feelings and do what you need to do

• That's true but I know how much I've hurt her in the past. And she had mentioned awhile back that she wanted a break from dating. I guess I didn't want to pressure her. I wish I had handled the conversation differently. She probably feels like I cornered her a little bit. I know it was random timing.....

What Girls Said 1

• She doesn't want you to hurt her again which is why she can't even look at you. Maybe tell her that you do want to get back together with her, and give her time to make a decision if that's what she wants. Just know that she might reject that and you should be OK with that...

• It's not that I don't want her back. I do miss her. Should I try to have another conversation with her? As her if we can talk?

• I know. I said tell her that you 'do' want to get back together. See what she says? She might say no...

What Guys Said 1

• She has feelings for you maybe she want to get over you maybe she want to get back to gether.

• Yeah I don't know which one it is.