I (male), Just ended friendship with female 'best friend', have I done the right thing?

Anonymous
Ok so this girl (best) friendzoned me for years if you wana call it that, she said she used to like me etc etc. She knows from on and off ocassions how I feel about her but has always since then played the friend card.

Anyway I today told her i think we should stop being friends, because it hurts me too much now, I told her how my feelings eventually grew to a point where it was best for both of us and that I need to find someone else who will let me give what I have. She kept saying things like "why can't you move on and still be friends?" "who will i talk to?" and going on about how upset she was.

Have I done the right thing? Is she being selfish? If she really wanted me she would have said something right? I feel devastated and so lonely right now, part of me is hoping she'll come back on her own, but I do want to move on from this affair.
4
6