Should I ask how my ex is?

My ex. bf's aunt texted me today, asking me how I was... I know that his family really liked me and thought I was great for him. When he broke up with me, his mom texted me saying "I may love him but I was better off because he was toxic (money probs, addiction, etc)".

I'm intrigued with her contact... and I'm tempted to ask how my ex is, but I don't know if I should ask this because I don't want to have a set back.

What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't. There's nothing good that is going to come of it. I mean do you really want to know he might be doing amazing without you? Besides, asking her isn't going to necessarily give you a accurate answer. It's best to leave him behind for good.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If you think it will cause a set back I would not ask and can either carry on conversation with her or just say thanks and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of plain courtesy may as well ask about him. If not for his sake, then his aunt's sake.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ignore it

1|0
    0|0
  • Do.. there's no harm in that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't really open up this can of worms. It's nice that they're asking, and I totally get being curious, but it's kinda one of those things where it's better to just keep it to a minimum if possible. You don't know how he's been for the past few what, weeks, months, etc? so it's not going to be better or worse for you to know now.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want to know, ask. You've been together so there'll always be that connection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ask.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes