When should I give up on a guy when I text him and get no response?

We just started dating and things seemed to be going really good but I work at a restaurant/bar so I work bad hours and we haven't been able to connect. How long should I wait for this guy to get back to me. I don't wanna seem needy so I've only text him a couple times but so far to no avail...

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Twice is enough, if he doesn't take the few seconds it takes to text back, he is not interested.

What Guys Said 2

• Have you asked him why he doesn't text back? Just curious, you know, rather than assuming that he's just outright not interested considering you just started this relationship thing.

• No I figured Id just wait to see

• If I can't connect with them in person, then I don't need a text from them.

What Girls Said 3

• unless he has a really good reason ( like he's on the hospital or something) and proves it, if he was interested he would, at least , text you back...Now you have to ask yourselfd one question: do I want to spend my time with a guy who won't make me any happy?

• if he doens't text back and a day passes get over it casue chnaces on he is not interested or he's just wants more text message to show he all big and bad set thngs straight ...good luck let me know how things go =]

• He ended up texting me today to see what was up but I'm so not into games so if you need to wait two days to get back to me I'm over it...

• Lol you go girl set things staright but go a little easy

• Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He's not interested. If guys are interested they jump over hurdles. He doesn't look like he's going to pan out to be a hurdle jumper...

• I agree I mean I know it was a saturday night and he was watching the fight but it takes like a min to text me back if not then how about sunday.