What is my ex doing?

JLynn88
Ok so my story of our breakup has been posted on here a long time ago, along with other side posts about it. I'm doing ok, don't pay a whole lot of attention to him for the most part. I don't see his social media unless I go to his page, which I typically don't unless a friend tells me he posted something I'd want to see which is never about his personal life. Its usually a funny meme or whatever that my friends know I like, but some friends like to point out his girlfriend being a crazy freak on some of his posts and we laugh about it. I tried to date again last weekend, but things didn't go well but at least I tried. I felt like I was in a place where I was open to trying as I knew the guy, we've been acquaintance friends for years. Anyway, a few weeks ago I had sent a quick message to my ex basically getting a couple things off my chest that I had guilt about after thinking about our relationship the last few months. I in no way shape or form expected, or really wanted a response. I just wanted it out there, making apologies I felt needed said and just clearing the air and getting that closure. He read it after several days and took the entire day to finally respond. He said thanks for the message & that he would always consider me a friend and will always be there for me. I told him I was still in a place where friends and talking/chatting wasn't an option right now, figuring that would be the end of it. Then he proceeded to ask me how life was going and after a few short 1-2 word answers I finally stopped responding. Then a week later he asks me if I would be comfortable teaching him my hobby. I taught him how to so it when we dated and he has several other friends/family who do the same hobby. Why ask me and not them, especially after I had just told him I didn't want to see or talk to him anytime soon. I told him not right now, but maybe someday in the future. I think his gf's grass is turning a little brown and he wants to check mine out again, but maybe not.
What is my ex doing?
Add Opinion