Do you think it's different for girls then guys after a breakup?

is it different that girls than guys after a break up? And how so?

76

Most Helpful Girl

• Women: Usually, they will be emotional and out of it for a few weeks. They tend to be more emotionally attached. I also feel as though women are more apt to show their emotions and let out the frustration, anger, and sadness. I also believe that many women move on quicker because of this.

Men: I feel as though men tend to try and bury those negative emotions and act like things are fine and normal with him, when in reality he is really upset. I feel as though this makes men gain trust and happiness afterwards, and often times are less enthused to jump into a new relationship.

• I feel as though this makes it hard for men to gain trust in love and happiness afterwards**

sorry, just noticed that I did not word that very well

• if you think some people show it and some people hide it then how do you conclude you know how upset everyone is or is not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only time I trusted a girl she whored herself when I took her to the bar. She did it to get to me. That was about a year ago.

I yelled at her all the way to her house and she told me to leave. I did and broke contact with her after that. She would message me on Facebook and Snapchat but I dropped her fast.

She got a job at that same bar when she turned 21 lol (few months ago) I say hi and chat but I would never get involved with her again.

Where she is still into me I learned from my mistakes and moved on.

What Girls Said 6

• It really depends on the individual but in general I believe guys move on more slowly being more cautious about love and girls move faster and a already looking for another guy who will solve her problems

• Girls are more emotional about it and show it

• depends on the girl.

• @Azara I'm not arguing that :)

• im not arguing :-)

• Honestly yes, I think so. Although, I've never experienced a break up, I experienced cheating. but I know that it depends on the people, who they are, what they have experienced previously, and their support system. This is a very complex matter.

• I dont know i feel like its both equal some girls dont give two shits some guys dont either some girls care some guys dont

• Guys dont seem to care and can't seem to fix problems. They run away.

Yep hurt girl talking.

• guys usually take distance yes, that is their main strategy.

• Yeah well we was about to buy a house then poof he was gone lol xx

• That isn't true. I've spoken to her a few times since and it's been a while.

I have been so upset since the beginning you can't imagine. Men have feelings to you know. We just don't show it. But some guys don't care just like some girls.

• Guys always get upset

• Depends on the guy

• You never get upset about breaking up with someone?

• Not really. I had times I thought it was a shame it didn't work that's about it. None of my friends bar 1 really get upset either. It is sad but it's not upsetting like how guys act like it is.

What Guys Said 5

• yeah, guys get hit harder after a couple of days than girls do. for girls it's instant, for guys we go numb. neither ahs it better off but we cope with it differently and are affected and recover at different rates with differing success.

• im always numb with things at first. everything. it hits me slowly. sometimes really slowly. like two years later ill realize i shouldn't have said something i said... usually too awkwardly late by then. lol

• Yes. In ways.

• No. Not really. Maybe only different in the expression of feelings. Girls eat and cry. Guys drink a 12 pack on the couch

• She threatened suicide, I jumped for joy. Two kinds of people.

• Girls move on really fast.