How do I get over a guy who doesn't feel the same way?

When I looked at him my heart would pound so much It was deafening. He was interested but now avoids me before we had a chance

How many days should you wait for someone to reply? He has a lot going on at the moment and I don't want to give up but its not looking positive

1010

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not worth the wait.

Most Helpful Girl

• Time will heal all wounds! Trust me it does! Always make yourself more busy so you have less time to think about him

What Guys Said 9

• You don't have a choice

• They say the truth hurts :s

• Have faith the fates will see you together someday and explore other options. Thats adulty talk for 'go find another man to distract you'.

• I don't do distracts is better to deal with emotions up front than have them hi you down the road. Also I'm not the sort of girl who wants frivolity for the sake of it.

• Who said frivolity?
      I'm saying have faith, and move on.

Easier said then done, but thats the idea...

(I reread my op in a different voice and it did sound a bit flippant. Not what I meant).

• Thanks chap.

• You masturbate to him and then masturbate to another guy immediately after. It's operant conditioning! :D

• Just phone him, see what's up, you never know. It's only been a few days as you said

• find another guy who does (feel the same as you), then you'll forget the jerk who didn't want you.
    or chase him, and work hard to get the guy

• He isn't a jerk. He has always avoided me online, I just don't know why he didn't reject me back then? He is compassionate. He is shy. I just don't know what to do. When he avoid me I just want to know if he is ok

• I am interested to hear your opinion on the other answers to this question. You are the only positive one here. Yes he is a few hours ahead. He is shy.

• positive, i dont know, but im honest, and ill help you the best i can, and shy guys wait for the girl to open up her feelings and to tell us what they want, before we guys do, and thats what i do anyways. im very shy and i get extremely nervous around girls, especially when i like them, which tends to be a common thing.

• Don't text him at all that's the Number 1 rule. No contact otherwise it's harder.

• That's just part of life.

• Instead of avoiding him, too, now, why not ask him how he feels about you? Just to be sure.

• How do you get over a guy that makes your heart pound?

Get under him and let him pound you ;)

What Girls Said 9

• He doesn't feel the same way and he's avoiding you now. Those are two very big reasons to move on with your life and cut contact.

It's not going to change. He's not going to come around. He's not going to fall into your arms. He doesn't even want to be your friend anymore from the looks of it.

It's hard. It's so very hard. You have so much love you want to give him but he doesn't want it. He doesn't want any of it. Let him go. Just stop and let him go. The longer you try to hold on the longer it's going to hurt.

You can move on from this but first you have to accept that he does not want you.

• It's very hurtful when someone you still like... used to like you , but is no longer interested

I just work at moving on from him , because he's lost someone who genuinly cares about him , and would never betray him. All I've lost is someone who doesn't care about me.

• That sucks, I kinda know how you feel. I had feeling for this guy he which he knew about and I knew he had feelings for me but it didn't happen. We still remained friends afterwards which was hard for me because I was getting to know him better and my feeling we're getting stronger. Eventually after awhile this feelings went away I think it was because he was constantly talking about other girls and I also got a glimpse into what it would be like to be dating him. All I can say to you is you need to give it time, eventually you will be over him.

• Stop talking to him. Don't completely stop but probably do something else

• Try not to see him. Don't get a rebound, but try dating again when you're ready. It's okay to cry. Confront a loved one. Stay healthy and excessive to improve your mood. Do your favorite stuff. Try to get a new hobby, or just practice something you know.

• He is a dick and I wouldn't do that to you

• I'm very sorry about the situation you're in, and I know exactly how you feel. I've had that nagging feeling that says you just can't be with that person you like. I hope you feel better soon.

• Distance and time!
    How come he lost interest, do u know?

• I'm going through the same situation now with a guy. Frustrating right? Not know these mixed signals they're sending... Ugh. Hang in there and don't give up on him just yet. He could just be unsure of himself. He might even think that you don't like him back and is backing off because of this.

• How do you strike the balance between hanging on in so he knows how I feel and him seeing it as a leech? I mean if I don't give enough of a signal then he won't know but if it's too much it's harassment. I definitely gave him the impression that I may not be interested when I saw him last year but I was nervous around him and didn't know how to act. Thanks for answering. He is shy.