Why say "you deserve better than me" ?

Why do people who do the breaking up say "Why say "you deserve better than me" ?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• to make u feel better about them breaking up with u.
    its like answering "fine" good" when someone asks u how ur doing in passing. it just comes naturally.

0|0
    0|0
    • do they feel guilty about what they did? if they are to blame for the relationship ending

• Show All
    • some people do, some don't. its just part of the break up rules. it sucks and its corny and pathetic... but its just something that makes us feel better when dumping someone :/

• @frozenhorizon i agree... cuz u kno they dont even mean it, so why even bother, when u could just part ways and leave it alone. but people r weak and afraid and they do whats easiest.

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple reasons... they have massive self esteem issues that get in their way of having a functional relationship, and often it probably indicates that they feel guilty about being interested in someone else or not being interested in you anymore, then they ironically use that guilt as justification for why you shouldn't be with them (i. e. they're a bad person).

From my experience, when someone says that to me, they're probably right.

1|0
    0|0
    • what makes you think they would be interested in somebody else for them to say that?

• Because, if they're interested in someone else, then they feel shitty about not being loyal to their partner. Then they say you deserve someone better (i. e. who won't become interested in someone else), which is true.

• Could your answer be applied to if the guy is married and ended his long term affair?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• To make the dumpee feel slightly better about the situation.

0|0
    0|0
    • how does it make the dumped feel better? could the dumper still have strong feelings but just think it won't work out

• It's the nice way to break up with someone

0|0
    0|0
    • how is it a nice way to break up?
      do they feel guilty about what they did? if they are to blame for the relationship ending

• I guess they're just not attracted to you anymore, and they feel bad about it, and that's why they think you deserve better than them.

• why do you think it comes down to attraction?

• My boyfriend broke up with me the same way recently, and I'm so angry about it as to why he said that. Funny thing is he still tries to contact me and wants talk as mates. He says he still loves and cares for me which I don't really get.
    I have been ignoring him and have carried on with my life.
    Does he feel guilty for what he has done? Showing that I do not care

Does he still wants this benefit of me being a part of his life. I do not get why he is behaving this way.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• The alternative to "yeah fuck you , I'm off. P. C. E"

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because people don't want to end in bad terms; to make the breakup more smooth, the person who is doing the break up will take the blame.

0|0
    0|0
  • You deserve better than me=I'm not sexually attracted to you anymore

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes