Is it wrong to text guys when you're in a relationship?

I broke up with my girlfriend because she wouldn't stop texting and snapchatting guys after many times of asking her to stop. She kept lying to me telling me that she doesn't talk to any other guys. I've read some of the conversations they don't look serious. But broke up with her when i found out she had a 2 hour long conversation on the phone with some guy. She used to tell me she loved me then after one fight i asked her if she loved me she said "love is a strong word".

56

Most Helpful Girl

• what's wrong here was that she lied to you! >:(

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on a lot of things.

There is nothing wrong with texting guys, as long as they are decent and actual friends, NOT random strangers that hit on all girls (including her).

Two hour long conversation? As long as its not every day, its fine. It depends.

She seems REALLY immature.
    You asked her to stop and she didn't gave a shit. She lies to you. And she says she doesn't love you...

You did the right thing.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends. I don't see anything wrong with talking to other guys so long as they are legitimately just friends and you're not hiding anything from your significant other. The fact that she was lying about it and not respecting the way you feel says a lot. That isn't a good relationship and you did the right thing.

• It's not wrong to text other guys as long as it doesn't involve flirting/sexting. However, it is wrong to lie to your partner.

• Dude... Are you dumb? Girls have guy friends. Take your head out of your ass and stop beeing stupid

• girls are aloud to have guy friends, it's unrealistic to think she won't ever talk to a guy while she's dating you. that is not how relationships work. you did her a favour by breaking up with her, no one needs to deal with your immaturity

What Guys Said 5

• Well she lied about it and in my opinion she didn't show the respect that any relationship should have.

• people who are in a relationship are allowed to communicate with others if it is clean talk... a relationship is not an ownership

• No it's okay if the guy respects that you and her are in a relationship and doesn't say or do anything that shows he's trying to come onto her.

• precisely -___-

that's when the problems start

• true :P

but it took me too much time and headaches to realise it :P

I wish I had seen it much soone

• Was she snap chatting them nudes?

• If she was just being friendly with then, than you have been a little overly jealous. People need larger companies, you were demanding her to stop seeing her friends.