I don't know what to do... will he realise eventually?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I of 5 years broke up unexpectedly you could say due to a mix of work pressures/commitment issues I think so he started doubting his feelings and got all confused. He said he felt nothing and was hoping to snap out of it (sign of depression?), wouldn't look at me without crying. Just wanted to be alone and with his Play Station. I have tried speaking to him on and off, been just over a month now and no success. He is away a lot for work and says it will only increase now as someone got made redundant.

Part of me is getting used it now but I would like to rekindle and fix it if possible as we had a bright future ahead. I was so upset when all this kicked off -I still am. I want to show him support in case it is depression/stress/anxiety, but at the same time if it is not then I need to get "the hint".

I saw some pictures of him from a few weeks ago on his company's FB page. He hasn't been shaving and looked pretty miserable - body language shows a lot - hunched over, my mum didn't think he looked the same and like he has seriously let himself go. Them photos were a few weeks ago now. I did try to reach out at the weekend just gone for the first time in 3 weeks and got no reply.

I know it is time to move on but after seeing them pictures and the claim work makes him happy etc and it's all he wants I feel like he is pushing me away due to general pressure/commitment issues (we were viewing houses before he found out he might get made redundant). The work issues around him being away constantly feels like an excuse. I have this gut feeling something isn't right and isn't a case of him just not wanting to be with me anymore. I am not in denial... he just kept saying he didn't know.

Does anyone think he might realise or not? Our 5 year anniversary is supposed to be tomorrow which is heart breaking, I am not sure if he will realise or not.

He always thinks people will walk away from him, lots of insecurities.
3
0