Is it weird to be friends with an ex while they date someone?

My ex tries extremely hard to be my friend and wants us to be good friends. I mean I could totally see this being possible, but she's dating someone and this guy is a complete tool. She just doesn't find it weird that I don't want to talk or hang out with her while she's dating someone.

21

What Girls Said 2

• Just cut her off.

• You know what, I tried and kind've cracked, but I think I will for sure. But it's hard when my mom and her mom are good friends and she goes to college 45 minutes from me.

• Yeah it's hard... But you can do it... And limit your talks to bried short answers... And never initiate any conversations... Soon you'll find someone who catches your attention and it'll be much easier.. If you continue being her friend, you're just gonna stay alone longer...

• who ended things?

• Me. But she almost disregarded it in a way and then wrote me a long letter in email form, which was her breaking it off. This was really strange to me.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should be sweet and charming to all girls, which means that no matter she's a total stranger, your ex-lover, a girl you're now dating, you should treat them all the same, until you become exclusive with someone again. Given your circumstances, it's not practical to cut ties with your ex, so what you may do is just treat her like your neighbour, your acquaintance, your whatever, but not someone you love.