Very insecure since my last break up, help?

About few months ago I was in a relationship with a guy I thought I knew. We moved out and everything but I ended up getting let down and thrown out by him. Currently im with a great guy and so far its been a good 8 months. But im struggling horribly with insecurity becuase i feel like every guy will hurt me too like my ex but i dont truly believe it. I dont feel confident at all and i feel he too will find someone else... will i ever get over this? I've been hurting for over 10 months now... im very sad because of it and i wish the negative thoughts would stop. Any advice? Thank you.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Your not ready for a relationship. Your not emotionally available for this guy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The first step is going to be starting your healing process! You have to uproot all of the pain, misery, anger, and disappointment he planted in your heart. You have to nurse your bruised ego and deal with any subtractions from your self-esteem that former relationship caused. Once you can get back to a place of solid, pure self-love and peace then the rest will gradually fall into place like a domino effect. It's really important that you give yourself time to heal, however long it takes, as a single woman. No dating, no trying to replace him, no trying to distract yourself from the emotional pain. Confront all of the existing issues and conquer them before you even begin to entertain the idea of dating another man.

As far as it comes to the feeling that every gy will hurt you too...
    You're going to have to be intentional about making sure you don't make a different man pay for a heart he didn't hurt. It's going to be a continual mental reminder; "This is not the man who threw me out. This man did not betray me. This man did not backstab me or disrespect me in anyway. It would be unfair of me and cruel to him and myself to relive my past with him." Repeat this to yourself every time you feel yourself becoming anxious or worrisome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you're not ready to be in a relationship yet.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes