I miss my ex a lot. Should I contact him? Is the ball in my court?

Anonymous
We've been broken up for 3 months. He's in his early 30s and I'm 28. Just over a month ago he messaged me saying hope you're well :). I replied & said I hoped he is too and that's all the contact there was. I wanted to say so much more, but wanted to see effort from him because he said his life was a mess and we agreed to break up. During the relationship when we had a couple of problems, he would say "hope you're ok" or "have a nice day" - something like that to get me speaking to him normally again. But it was up to me to make the effort from there - like that was a big step for him.

Since we broke up he's never really been online. He has no family and not that many friends. I feel sad without him because we understood each other even though things weren't perfect. I did a rebound thing early on but it didn't stop me thinking about him.

I want to reach out so much but am not sure what to say. Sometimes I just want to ask how he's been. He's a bit of a loner (not in a mean way), and doesn't go into relationships lightly. Is the ball in my court? I just want to be happy & not have this thought at the back of my head if I should reach out.
1
0