Me and my boyfriend just broke up. He said he still wants to be friends but I'm confused?

ShaunaMck
Me and my boyfriend have been a bit rocky for a few months and I was quite miserable lately. To be honest, we were only really meeting up every fortnight for sex really. Wasn't good. Today my family decided to get involved and tell them what they really think and how he's making me feel. He text me and told me that it would be best we go our separate ways. I told him I wanted to stay friends and he said he did too. The bit that's confusing me is that he said "I want to stAy friends too so I'll leave it with u like this. I won't be ringing u again. However u want to approach it is up to u"
I don't know what he means and I asked him but no reply. Does he still want me to ring him?
1
4