Is it normal to not be able to sleep through the night? I wake up at around 3 am on most days. I just wake up thinking about my ex. ?

I just got out of a 3.5 year relationship. I'm still wanting my ex back. I wake up and I think about him. I have not been able to sleep very good for last two months... since really my relationship ended. I don't think he wants me back. I don't think he'll realize what he lost. I don't think he will come back. I want to him to either come back or I want to move on and be happy with someone else right away. I just want to not want him back by finding someone else that will take this feelings place. I guess that is not a good enough reason to want a relationship.

I read that you are supposed to chase passion and not people. I don't feel like I'm chasing anything. I'm just stuck in the middle of my life. I'm 28, was engaged and didn't work out. I was with a guy who said "there will never be any other girl but you after you." But here I am alone. He broke up with me. I haven't heard from him in 2 months. I hate feeling like this. I guess I was just hoping he would have came around by now.

So I've been waking up at 3 am or 4 am every morning. Anyone else go through this?

Also, I've been broken up with once before in my lifetime. Things were somewhat like the previous break up. I didn't sleep very well. The guy that I really like, often moved on before me. I guess I just want to move on before I see him move on, so I can be less hurt. I guess I'm trying to save myself from more pain in the future. I'm trying to help my future self. I don't actually know if that plan would work or not. I wish I could just see the future and I had all of the answers, except I feel like I have none. (Where is the short cut, cheat sheet method? --- Doesn't exist.)

I guess I'm chasing people and not my passions. I'm on my 3/3 bad tinder dates. When I say bad, I'm talking about the first initial date and I don't want a second date with them.

Does anyone have any good advice about the following for me?

- Any advice on how to get better sleeping patterns after a break up (to stop waking up at 3am)?

- Any advice on how to follow your passions and not people? How do you find your passions? How do you make your passions more important then your past relationships? How do you not chase people in this? "Chase passions, not people" quote.
Any tips on how to feel better after you find out your ex has a new girlfriend? (My ex has does not have a new girlfriend, but I feel like when it does happen, I might be still single and still want him.)

12