Setting up a date?

I hadn't had contact with this girl in three months. I was thinking about her A LOT so yesterday I re-initiated contact, texting her something funny that had to do with an inside joke between us in the past. She played along. Today I kind of extended that with another text related to that inside joke, along with some mention of things going on in my life. She immediately was interested in those things and started asking a bunch of questions about them (in text). I didn't reply.

I want to know how I can turn this into a date/casual lunch or something like that.

We used to hang out, but when she started making excuses not to, I just stopped contact with her.

In the same vein, I feeling a little angry at myself because I thought about her for those three months A LOT, every day, and she didn't so much bother to spend a few seconds for a single frickin' text to see how I was doing. But at least I'm happy I texted her finally because I did attain a sense of closure I was looking for.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• she didn't text you because your the guy you have to grow a pair and text her first. honestly what's the worst that can happen? Its definitely a good sign if she started to ask you questions which means she was trying to keep conversation and was enjoying conversation.

if I were ask to meet up and go from there, just be casual about it.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow...You love this girl. It's either that or a huge dose of infatuation!

• So what do I do from here

• What's holding me back is this part: "We used to hang out, but when she started making excuses not to"

So I'm scared that I'm just going to embarrass myself or make a fool out of myself for asking her again, when the last couple times she made excuses not to.

• Hmm..just be straightforward and ask her why she changes her mind.

What Guys Said 1

• You may have missed your window. But the only way to tell is to be direct. Repeat after me: "I find you interesting and attractive - do you want to go out [meet for coffee/casual lunch]?" You have an answer right away.

• Oh, I want to add that I used to invite her to hang out in the past. In the beginning she went but then it seemed that her interest waned because she kept making excuses. But now I figured, since it's been so much time, that I had nothing to lose.

• So in other words, there is some familiarity there. Does this change the approach?