My ex boyfriend broke up with me, is hot and cold, and when I picked up my stuff from his house, He freaked out. What is his deal?

CorndogHotdog
My ex of a year broke up with me because he wasn't ready for a real realtionship. We went back and forth for a few weeks and I just accepted it. A Few texts where exchanged and answered since the break up. I decided to pick up my stuff to cut the cord after a few days. We mutually agreed on a time and date. I came a bit early to his house and he freaked. All of a sudden I dont have stuff at his house and that he was annoyed and didn't want to deal with this. I got upset and told him nicely not to make this harder. He finally comes down stairs and gives me back my stuff. Why exchange such mean words? HE made a huge deal out of it telling how mad he was, how annoyed he was, how he didn't want to do this. He left me heart broken and I chose to give up after a few weeks, WHY THE HECK BE MEAN SOME MORE? I can understand If i was begging but WTF. So I got in the car, drove home, cried, and txted him" i dont know why you're so mad. I was hoping it would be a nice and clean goodbye. I hope you feel better". Can you guys tell me what is going on? The back and forth of changing his mind out us, freaking out when I picked up my stuff, and the mean words? Isn't tthis what he wanted?
2
2