Do you think my ex boyfriend wants me back or is it in my head?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me, we've been in NC for three weeks. Until he started to text my mom and my friends thought he did that because he missed me. Anyways I asked him to stop today because it makes me uncomfortable via text (first time we texted since our falling out he said my mom asked him to come to dinner at our house and is it OK with me for him to come. I didn't want him to think I was bitter over the break up so I said sure. So he gets to my house and we sitting Down at the table, he asked how I've been and it was awkward. But as we ate, it felt like old times. We caught up to many things and we joked around like old times. At one point we were joking and he grabbed my hand while laughing and held it. He told me about school, his new job & I told him about a party my family had & he said I should have called him and invited him. Anyways, my nephew came by and i agreed to take him to the park, at which point I assume my ex would go home. He walked my nephew and I to the park and Sat on the bench with me, we talked as we watched him play. As we were walking back home, he pulled me from behind him and gave me a piggy back ride (I know it seems corny, but its our thing, he loved lifting me up because I'm short). we get back to my house and he keeps hugging me. I hugged him back because, honestly I missed his hugs. I walked him and him and I spoke for a bit. Before he left, he lifted me up, put me against the wall and our faces came inches to each other. We didn't kiss, we just stared at each other. Then I told him to go home before he makes a mistake and he said for me to go inside before I make a mistake. Then he slapped my Butt (jokingly) & left. I feel like he misses me and hadn't gotten over me like I havn't gotten over him. I think my friends were right he only contacted my mom to get a reaction out of me. Because I blocked him everywhere! What do u guys think? If he does want me back, how do I play this? What should I do? Thanks in advance.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I've always liked the saying. (A relic cigarette never tastes the same, and that's all I'll preach about rekindling an old flame)

Most Helpful Girl

• wow ok, first off you two sound adorable together, and second here's my two cents, he doesn't know what he wants, he's into you but there's a part of him pulling back, hence why he said go inside before you make a mistake, he wants a reaction out of you to see what you'd do, he's testing you, i'm telling you if you to kissed you'd be back together. He's testing your limits, I don't know if you want him back, but if you do, play a little hard to get bc he sounds like he wants to play, there is absolutely 100% part of him that is rlly rlly into you, but he's a little confused. As soon as u ignore him a little, give into him here and there but then literally b a tease. His primal instincts will kick in and you guys will be dating I'm telling you, if he didn't like you he wouldn't have pinned you up against a wall and stared into your eyes or given u a piggyback ride or slap your butt, when a guy doesn't like a girl he lets her know, that or he's a complete jerk who's leading you on, but i really think its that he likes you and is figuring stuff out, have fun w it tho. I rlly hope you guys get back together because you sound so cute

• First off, You're AWSOME for actually giving me a helpful answer. And lol I didn't kiss him because I didn't want him to think he can just come back and kiss me, that was me playing hard to get! Lol I do want him back, I'm still head over heels over this guy. I don't know how to play his games with him. I decided to not text him unless he text me and 100% absolutely not kiss him or have sex with him. I'm so bad at this because he's my first real boyfriend. I've had bf's but they were never serious and I never wanted them back after a break up. I never worked to get someone back before, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

• Thank you very much doll, ill take your advice Bd play super hard to get. Thank u, thank, thank u

• no problem!!! I really hope it works out!!