Why does my mother Facebook stalk my ex?

Anonymous
So, my parents hated the only girl that I was in a serious relationship with for two years. They said they didn't like her because she was three years older than me and divorced. And because they internet stalked her and found out in a blog that she wanted to roam around the house naked. They never met her. And they think that moving in with someone without getting married equals murder. Yes, that is what they actually said. I am an Asian by the way, where most people are super traditional and conservative.

She later broke up because of (I think) the distance (we moved to different countries and were separated for a year) and disconnect between us and quite possibly my parents' craziness.

Anyway, that's eight months ago. I completely removed my ex from my life as soon as we were broken up.. Phone number, social media, pictures, chats, everything. Just talked to her once a couple of weeks after breaking up.. I forgot about Skype :-P

After we broke up, I caught my mother checking out my ex's profile and I confronted her. She said she wanted to know what my ex was doing. I caught her again after a while. And apparently she's still doing it! Why does she do it? I mean, she hated her, refused to even meet her, and didn't want us to be together. She got her wish, then why does she still do it! And it's not just my ex who she stalks, it's also her siblings, her mother, her friends and the ex's ex husband too!!

Do your parents also do shit like this? I'm almost 30 for crying out loud!! Why would someone do that?
1
1