What is the best way to get over something that hurts you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Time. Only in time will you heal from an emotional trauma... Depending on how badly you've been hurt, and how you personally are able to come to terms with what's happened and are able to move on, will determine how long it takes for you to 'get over' whatever it is that's happened. Don't be afraid to feel hurt, feel sad or get upset... Sometimes it's good to get those feelings out... Then you can begin to move on. I hope that all makes sense... Good luck with whatever has happened! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Have a good cry about it. Talk about it with someone you trust. I call this the "let it all out" process.
    Make attempts to move forward. Avoid using destructive/negative factors to cope. Every time a negative thought creeps in your mind, do not dwell on it/entertain it. Replace it with a positive. Try to see the good in the situation. Indulge in your favorite hobbies. Exercise. Go out with friends/families. (I don't know if you're religious or not but if you are then) pray about it. Example: Have a prayer journal. I call this the healing process.

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 1

• I move on from whatever is hurting me.