What is a good way to respond to a breakup text to make them think about what they just did that isn't hateful?

Anonymous
Though I'm not actually going to do it, in fact, I just accepted it because we weren't seeing each other long at all. I received a text from a girl I was seeing saying that there was a guy that she had gotten close with. Said that if I wanted to be friends she was up for that.

thing is, supposedly, she and I were only seeing each other. In a conversation once we talked about how breaking up over text is wrong. Last time we were together everything was great, in fact, we had been discussing our plans for the next time we got together.

i know the best way to handle it is to just drop it and go on, which is what I'm doing. But, just being curious, I wonder how a person can respond that makes them realize what they just did.
2
0