Why would he contact me after break up and then not respond?

I liked someone, who i had a professional relationship with i had to be away from them because i felt they were abusing me and wanted control... and i said i was out and they emailed me 2 weeks later to check on me apparently, and i wrote a long page email about how i felt bad and why i left and wanted to get things off my chest and then he didn't respond. When he contacted me and i was ready to leve it at me walking away. I feel like a idiot. I feel unfinished,

11