Did a breakup ever affected you so much that you feel like you've changed drastically as an individual?

Following my first breakup, I feel like I lost a big part of myself - and it's something my family noticed too. I feel like my views aren't the same and I no longer have the same views about love and relationships. I mean I used to get all giddy from all the romantic gestures portrayed in dramas/movies. Now all that is long gone...

• Yes
  • No

136

Most Helpful Guy

• sorry for what happened to you.
    I'm sure it happened to the most of people and we all went through the same experience (I'm also one of those people). I'm not an angel, but I discovered that life gave me a hard lesson from closest person to me... which made me look at my life with realistic.

I started to look beyond what I see... then I discovered that the pain didn't kill me.. it just taught me how to live my life and made me wiser and more patient (positive)... then I realized that I can't add more days to my age, but I'm sure I can add more life to my days

I realized kicking some people's out of my life might be a good for me... not cuz I can't have them... but their presence in my life is holding me back... so I thanked god for making my ex leaving my life... now I've became a superman and I'm not afraid of... (krypton-life).

just be happy... that person's leaving will relieve a lot of extra weight on your heart and don't worry... you didn't lost a big part of yourself... you'll find that part when you're ready... it's up to you.