I try to be interested in other guys, but my mind always goes back to him?

Anonymous
He's my friend and we don't see each other much anymore cause he switched schools... I probably won't see him until April now. I know for a fact that he doesn't love me like I love him. I've been trying to get over him for the past three months. I've tried distancing myself from him, not checking my social media because he'd show up there, etc but every time I try to interest myself in another guy, I always think of him. Every time I think I'm sort of getting over him, I don't because I'll think of something he did or said. I was glad when the relationship he was in fell apart, though I'm trying to be sad for him. I get jealous when he mentions a hot girl and I instantly know I'm not good enough and never will be his.

I tried to hint that I really love him before we left school (I was crying a little and told him I'd miss him a lot and hugged him tight like I'd never let go) and he just laughed a little and hugged me back (whatever that meant). I was gonna tell him I love you but he didn't even say he'd miss me back so I gave up. All he did was he promised we'd see each other again.

How can I learn to see other guys without my mind going back to him? I swear I'm gonna be married and still crying over him.
0
1