How has my ex got over our relationship so quickly?

We were in a relationship for 13 years, even engaged for the last year. It was a good relationship. We tried to live together and obviously jumped in feet first without talking about what we both wanted from each other. It got difficult for me as I have lived alone for 12 years and found it hard to live with someone else. I went back to my flat. After this our relationship went downhill and he broke it off with me.
We have had other stuff happening in our lives that hasn't helped. Such as death of my mother and his dad and also I have a teenager from a previous marriage who was playing up and testing my sanity.
we stayed friends and always keeping in touch. I found out in April that he was dating someone else. Not from him but from the girl adding me on FB and then putting photos of them together at restaurants. I asked him and he said its true but he has been trying to break up with her but she has tried emotional blackmail and asked him to allow her to break up with him ( this hasn't happened yet) he told me she is jealous of me and asked him to stop talking to me, which he said no to.
They started dating straight after we broke up. How did he jump from one relationship to another? Did he never love me? Is he over me so quickly?
i have decided to stop all contact with him so I can get over him, I would run back to him if he asked. Hi am confused as he always texted to cj
heck up on me, he texted me happy valentines when he was still with her (at the time I didn't know) why is he sending me mixed signals? Did he want me as a back up while he dated her?
I don't understand what he has been doing.
Now I have blocked him on whatsapp and I don't have social media any more as his girlfriend has been stalking me all all of them.
Please help me! i am still madly in love with him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he was over with the relationship by the time it ended. That doesn't invalidate all of it, just the end of it.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't say that the new woman is a rebound per se, I would however say that he is willingly try to move on is testing the waters. He most likely has feelings for you still, as you were together for so long which is why he doesn't want to break contact with you either.

There's two things you can do in situations like this:

1. Continue waiting hopelessly for him to realize what he has given up, and for him to come back to you which would be emotionally draining and destructive to you in the meantime and would have lasting effects to your relationship in the future because resentment will start to take over your feelings toward him the longer you wait.

2. Or accept that for now he has gone, stop responding to his messages, cut contact as you have done and take the time to work on improving yourself. Get interested in new things, travel, explore YOUR options, you don't have to jump into a relationship but even just going on dates would help boost your self-esteem and show you that maybe there's someone out there better for you. You do you and maybe he'll see something that drags him back, just don't be surprised if you don't want him back at that point because you're living your life to the fullest.

I'm usually a dickhead on this site but I felt like you are genuinely searching for answers. Hope this helps you.

1|0
    0|0
  • The new girl is a rebound. His self-esteem required him to have a girlfriend, so he latched onto the first willing one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol he sounds spineless if he won't break up with her if he's wants to.

2|0
    0|0
  • How deeply he loved you, then how long time he nees to forget you.

1|0
    0|0
  • obviously his feelings werent as strong as yours

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes