Why would he contact me if I said that I needed time?

It's been two weeks since my ex ended things and said that we should be friends. A week ago, he was still messaging me every day as if he hadn't recently crushed me, so I told him that I needed time to process everything. It was going well and then last night, he contacted me and left me a bit confused. Apparently, on Saturday, he was running, I was driving, we made eye contact, he waved at me, but I ignored him. Why am I confused? For as long as I've known him, he's been running on the beach. Why is he all of a sudden running on the road, in the area where I work? In addition, I honestly don't recall seeing him; I wouldn't have been looking for him to be running on the road in any case. For all I know, he could be making up that entire scenario. Then he said that he didn't want things to be awkward between us. Why did it take him 3 days to tell me about something that -as far as I am concerned- might not have happened? It obviously bothered him enough to tell me about it, even though I specifically asked for time.

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him you still need your time, and your space, and that includes him not contacting you for petty squabbles.