I still miss him a lot even though he doesn't care about me?

Meh20132013
So I only went out w/him a little under 2 months, but I grew emotionally attached. He wanted the relationship and to take it long distance. He started growing cold and I pressured him quite a bit due to wanting answers. Eventually he said we could be friends w/potential and he was confused about his feelings, plus he is afraid of falling in love. He didn't want to date other girls and was resentful when I said I would be dating. I was gonna wait for him, but now I see there is no point, he will prob never love me the way I want to be loved. We never had sex, so he didn't use me in that way. He hasn't contacted me in about a month, I messaged him about casual stuff 2 weeks in and he didn't ask anything about me. Here I am hurting over a guy who doesn't care about me. Why am I so attached to a fantasy?
1
3