Can a shy girl end up with a outgoing guy?

I am a very shy person that's actually hesitant because I have been hurt a lot of times in the past. I try my best not to let my past control me, but sometimes I've noticed I've had tendencies that a guy may not understand because I react badly in certain situations. It may not make much sense, but I want to find a guy that has strengths I don't have, like a loving family background and an outgoing personality. I really want to grow and learn from that, but I wonder if that's possible? What's most difficult for me is just going with the flow. I only want to date if there's a potential for long term, but I wonder if that's asking too much. It's hard for me to think about dating just for the sake of dating and then just having it end. So any thoughts? Are there any outgoing guys willing to go out with a shy girl? Can they look beyond any shortcomings and appreciate them? I am willing to do my part in the relationship too, I'm not expecting someone just perfect to waltz into my life, but I'm wondering if someone like me would even be considered in the first place, and would they be willing to meet me halfway?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You're asking for a lot! And you are likely to make things worse by trying too hard once you're in a relationship.

1) Obviously you want the opposite of you -- opposites attract. 2) You are probably going to have to date around to find mr. right. The probability of you finding a life partner the first time you go out is not high. 3) You need to relax a little and someone will meet you halfway. 4) Being shy is an attribute, but the world won't come to your doorstep the way you want it to.

What Guys Said 3

• As long as you're willing to TRY, anything is possible. But remember, if you do nothing, no man will come to you. You must let the world know why your special in your own right. And someone will notice.

• Yes you would. I know that because my friend is extremly out going and his girlfriend was very shy when they 1st started going out. I think they have dated for almost a year and they are crazy about each other. Also I am an in betweener (I can be a little shy but I am outgoing most of the time) and I asked this shy girl to be my gf. So here are two examples of where a shy girl has ended up with an outgoing guy. I hope this helps and good luck finding a guy

• Possible, if he really likes you.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, it can happen. It happened with me and my boyfriend. He's outgoing, will speak his mind and talk about anything with anyone, just about. He isn't afraid to be loud. I, on the other hand am very soft spoken, and it takes me so long to open up to people, I'm not comfortable in crowds or when people look at me, I'm not so good with conversation, and I keep a lot of my thoughts and feelings to myself. At first, us being so different kind of helped cause a bit of a problem (I was still slowly trying to let myself get comfortable around him, and he felt like I just didn't care and like our relationship was one-sided), but we worked it out, and we both learned more and have a much better understanding of one another. Everything is great between us now. I'm a lot more open than when he and I first started going out (we've been together about 7 months now), and he's a lot more patient with me. I still have a little trouble voicing EVERYTHING, but I'm overcoming that. He's helping me with that and is inspiring me to change and be more confident. So, I think if you meet an outgoing guy who really cares for you and loves you, he'll be willing to meet you half way and be patient, and he'll probably help give you the boost you need to get you out of your shell. Good luck!