Why did my ex drop me completely when I didn't deserve it?

Thisgirlasksguys
It's unfair that I got dropped out of someone's life, mostly for persuing a career.
We were best friends, then boyfriend girlfriend. things were great untill He broke up with me coz Im leaving to go into the forces this year and he doesn't want to be with me.

At first he let me down gently, saying hel still be there for me and loves me etc but few weeks later was a total jerk and mentioned that we wernt meant to be, he likes and has moved on with someone else. After NC for 30 days I messaged him asking if we could be friends and not argue, that I'll be going away soon and I miss the friendship. His exact words were "please stop messaging me, Just forget me, get on with your life". Harsh

I haven't got him on social media anymore, and he hasn't blocked me on fb although his new 'romantic interest' has.

I now have closure to move on, but I miss my friendship and I feel like he hates me out of nowhere. He's not coming back
3
1