My boyfriend is telling me about his ex girlfriend. Should I listen?

For the past couple of weeks and a little more, my boyfriend has been in contact w/his ex-girlfriend. Why all of the sudden he has been telling me this I have no clue. The recent contact was this past Saturday when she txt him gm and he replied gm. Then it went a little further she misses him, uh can we go out to lunch? I miss the times we've shared, etc. I am actually listening to this crap and for the life of me can't understand why now? Why is he telling me this now?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he has to...I would be angry if he didn't...I think you should appreciate the fact that he is keeping you well and formed and not trying to hide her from you... I assume he declined to meet with her...? He does need to tell her he's no longer interested and to stop texting, at least the personal invites and I miss yous. That would start to make me uncomfortable if I continued...But I would listen with my ears wide open were I you to anything he wants to tell you...Communication, communication, communication. Cheers!

What Guys Said 2

• That's a really good question. I think you should ask HIM.

It could be that he's trying to figure out where his true feeling lay, in which case you are a "consideration" and not a relationship. It could be that he's trying to manipulate you into fighting for him, in which case he's playing games and probably not worth your time. It could also be that he's confused about her intent and is trying to think it through with your input.

Talking it over with him, though, is the only way you'll know.

• that don't sound good.did you ask if he wants her?if you look as good as that cartoon pic,i don't c y he'd want someone else,lol. he either likes you so he isn't lying about hanging with her or he is thinking about going back to her.tell him you don't like that.mayb even hang out with both of them.if he doesn't like that,prob dump him.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he is just confused and he doesn't know what to do and since you are his girlfriend he wants your advice on how to tell his ex it's been over for a long time.