Is it reasonable for your boyfriend to ask you to stop talking to all guys (that are not family) and focus on getting to know him?

I chat with males and females (via text or facebook messenger) about hobbies- video games, anime, tv shows, etc- in non-flirtatious manner. He wants me to cut out all the guys I chat with, or he is going to leave me. Is it worth it? I feel like as long as I'm not flirting, meeting up with, or having any sexual contact whatsoever- I'm not doing anything wrong. I talk to my boyfriend more frequently than anyone that I chat with, and definitely hit him up first about all the major/minor happenings in my life. He says the only reason for me to continue talking to these guys is for sex, if not now, maybe later down the road if we have a falling out in the relationships. So there just sex partners in waiting? Instead of agreeing to his terms, I tried to negotiate: no flirting, meeting up with guys, and no sexual contact with anyone. That was not enough for him. I care for my boyfriend. We been together for a little over a year. I would never cheat. I do not want him to leave me, but I do not like this ultimatum. I lose either way. My boyfriend or half my platonic friendships- which should go and why?

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like a really insecure fool!! You need to find a guy that TRUSTS and RESPECTS YOU!! Dump this insecure idiot!!
    If it was reversed, and my girlfriend was saying the same to me, it wouldn't be a second thought!! SHE'S GONE!!
    Who is HE to TELL you who you can and cannot talk to? That's just wrong!!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like he is insecure and bit controlling. That could become a serious problem later on down the road, what's next? Him telling you when and when you can't go out? What you can an can not wear? I would talk with him again and let him no you love him but if that type of behavior continues then you give him an ultimatum. You either chill out or leave... take your pick.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you eveeyone. upon reading all responses on here, I gather his request isn't reasonable. It felt really unfair, and I did not know what to make of it at first. I told him I was going to think on it. Im going to talk to him one last time about it, and if the ultimatum still stands ill let him walk away.