What is the point of being in a committed relationship if you are going to cheat?

What is the point of being in a committed relationship if you are going to cheat? Why not just be single so you can do whatever you want and nobody gets hurt?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all I don't/ will never cheat (I know a lot of people say that) but its the reason my parents got divorced. Anyways to your question, I think the majority of people never thought they were going to cheat (I know a few people you cheated and afterwards say "i never wanted to be that person") relationships get difficult, it's inevitable there's no such thing as blissful happiness in human nature. People who cheat are people who are weak and selfish. They won't put the work into their own relationship, and if they don't want to be with that person end it, after you start cheating you won't genuinely feel the same about your relationship. It's selfish to put your own physical feelings above some that you gave your heart to. It's disgraceful and I'm not going to be one of the people who tells myself something and doesn't live up to it.

What Guys Said 1

• here is the answer,we some of us want it for the ego some for the money some for a 2nd string some want friends with benefits with a good woman on the site and very rarly we stay commited to our relatiionship as human at one point or on if we all had someone good enough then the one your with some would leave and as far as imagining goes we all cheat in some form of way and fasion wether it's sexual emotional spritual and exetra.

What Girls Said 2

• thats exactly what I would like to know, if the thought comes up and you're willing to ruin what you have for what you don't.. then break it off first don't cheat on them.. sheshh people

• answers plz I too would like to know this!