Should I contact my ex girlfriend in an attempt to make things work?

Anonymous
My girlfriend and I broke up 2.5 weeks ago, we had been dating for 9 months. I'd call it mutual although I was the one who brought it up. Less than a week later she was saying how much she missed me, etc. I said I missed her too and I needed more time, I don't think she liked hearing this. Now we haven't talked since Monday and I'm beginning to think I'm going to lose her if I don't do anything semi soon. She strikes me as the type of person who would want to find someone else asap to get over me.

I am definitely not ready to get back with her as I still need more time to think. The main reason why I am torn is because I don't know if I miss her because I'm afraid of not finding someone else, or I legitimately miss her and want to be with her. The reason for us breaking up in my mind was her lack of motivation and her immaturity, although I love her because she is such a nice person. We're both in our early to mid twenties and I think it's time to be looking towards the future (job, house, etc.), not partying like we're 17.

How should I proceed? I don't know if I should text her and see if she wants to meet up and then I can tell her how I do miss her and I am just thinking about if we can make it work long-term. Or should I leave her alone and just not talk until I've made up my mind? Even though by then it might be too late.
1
1